Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What I have learned about Action Research

Through the investigation of these publications, I have learned there is a systematic way of analyzing current situations, developing and implementing a plan of action, reflecting on the outcome, and revisiting and expanding on the original problem. These are things that I have done before, but now view in a different context knowing that it is a research process. I have also generally used these strategies on my own. I now know that action research can be done by a group of people trying to formulate solutions to everyday problems in the classroom setting.

I plan on using exam data to determine what test questions are being answered incorrectly, and to what extent they are being missed. I will question students on question wording, mode of content delivery, etc. This will allow me to formulate questions or deliver content in a better manner so that student achievement can be increased. I will work on this with members of my PLC, and we can present our findings to other teachers in our school.

I will also seek out teaching strategies that have been researched to see if some of those strategies can help me in things such as classroom management and working with special education students. I can look at another teacher's research on tardies and their effect on the educational experience. This will give me some insight into another professional educator's strategies into solving an everyday issue on our campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment