Friday, July 23, 2010

Week Two Reflections

I have learned so much about "action research", and how it can be used in the school setting. I have used action research in the past, but have never really put a name to it. I can see where action research and reflection can be beneficial as a teacher and an administrator, and am looking forward to using it on a regular basis.

After completing the week two assignment, I feel it is very important to spend time in choosing an action research project. So many positive things can come from action research; such as continual learning, improved student achievement, an improved learning environment, as well as improved instructional techniques. There are many ways that action research can be done, and each of those ways have the possibility of producing a positive change in the school's atmosphere. I have chosen to do my action research project on the subject of tardies. After discussing this topic with my site supervisor, we both agreed it is a problem that affects the majority of our school. I feel that our current tardy policy is ineffective by causing classroom disruptions. I look forward to researching this topic, and coming up with possible solutions that will give our campus an environment more conducive to learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment